Access For All
The Dock Museum spans two floors and is fully accessible to wheelchair users, as is our landscaped waterfront site.
We also have a information in large print plus a manual wheelchair available for use during your visit.
Touch tours for those with visual impairments are available if required, whether you are a group or an individual visiting. Please let us know in advance if you require this service.
Parking for disabled drivers is available close to the main entrance and on the main museum car park. Assistance dogs are welcome.
If you have any special needs please let us know by telephone or email as we are here to help.
We hope to make your visit as enjoyable as possible. Our friendly staff can help before and during your visit (even after if you have some more questions!).
- The site is entirely accessible for those with pushchairs or in a wheelchair. We also have a lift to access the floors, a toilet for disabled visitors and a manual wheelchair available.
- We try to keep all age ranges interested and entertained. We have a range of quizzes for younger visitors (with prizes), a film show and galleries that explore Barrow's fascinating history. For a list of our temporary exhibitions click on this link.
- The Bridge cafe offers a tempting range of hot and cold meals and snacks, daily specials board, homemade cakes and specialty teas and coffees.
- We have free car parking (for a maximum of three hours) and designated car parking for our disabled visitors.
- We have baby-change facilities.
We are open Wednesday to Sunday from 11-4pm. Last admission is at 3.30pm.