How to find us
- On the edge of the English Lake District, Barrow-in-Furness enjoys a coastal setting, with access from the M6 motorway, leaving at junction 36 to follow the A590.
- Enter Barrow from any direction and follow the brown and white Dock Museum signs.
- By rail, finger posting takes you from Barrow station to the museum via Abbey Road. click on maps to
enlarge in new window.
- From Hindpool Road turn left after Tesco into North Road, or from Walney Road turn right at Pizza Hut into North Road.
- The museum is a few hundred yards on your right.
- You can park free of charge at the Dock Museum for a maximum of three hours.
- Disabled parking spaces are available by the museum's main entrance.
We are open Wednesday to Sunday from 11-4pm. Last admission is at 3.30pm.